LIBRARY & DIGITAL MARKETING
Google Plus Collections & Communities for Librarians & Catalogers: Google+ Collections and Communities for Librarians and Catalogers in 2016
- Library and Information Science : Google+ Collection for Library Librarianship Studies and Information Technology for Libraries Librarians (334 Followers)
- Library Cataloging Metadata RDA AACR2 MARC21 : Google+ Collection on Library Cataloging, Metadata, RDA, FRBR, MARC21, AACR2, BIBFRAME, Dublin Core, ETC. (317 Followers)
- RDA Cataloging (658 Members) : RDA Cataloging is an online community/group/forum for library and information science students, professionals and cataloging & metadata librarians. It is a place where people can get together to share ideas, trade tips and tricks, share resources, get the latest news, and learn about Resource Description and Access (RDA), a new cataloging standard to replace AACR2, and other issues related to cataloging and metadata.
- Libraries and Librarians (8349 Members) : This is a public community about libraries and librarians of all kinds, covering both local and global issues in librarianship.
- Librarianship Studies & Information Technology (36 Members) : Librarianship Studies & Information Technology is an online community/group/forum for library and information science students, professionals and cataloging & metadata librarians. It is a place where people can get together to share ideas, trade tips and tricks, share resources, get the latest news, and learn about library and information science and information technology. This community is associated with (though not limited to) Librarianship Studies & Information Technology Blog. According to About Librarianship Studies & Information Technology Blog page "Librarianship Studies & Information Technology (LS & IT) Blog is envisioned as an Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, and Khan Academy of Library and Information Science; an authoritative source for consultation and reference for any library or information profession related issue and a treasure hub of knowledge on Library and Information Science." I strongly urge all the librarians and catalogers to join this G+ community as gradually more and more information will appear on this blog and this community will serve as a great platform to discuss issues related to Library and Information Science.
- Code4Lib (751 Members) : Code4Lib isn't entirely about code or libraries. It is a volunteer-driven collective of hackers, designers, architects, curators, catalogers, artists and instigators from around the world, who largely work for and with libraries, archives and museums on technology "stuff." It started in the fall of 2003 as a mailing list when a group of library programmers decided to create an overarching community agnostic towards any particular language or technology.
- Digital Libraries (242 Members) : On Digital Libraries
- Librarians (369 Members) : Well, Actually, anyone who does anything library-related and would like to join
- Library Marketing & Visual Communications (365 Members) : This community is designed to share and discuss visual communications methods and ideas for the promotion of library services and events.
- Library Technology (414 Members) : A Google+ community to discuss all things library tech. Discovery & access. Databases, e-journals, ebooks. Web, mobile, local apps. Digitization, born digital, digital archives. Social media & web publishing. Online instruction & reference.
- School Library Media Specialists (1954 Members) : A community for school librarians, media specialists, teacher-librarians, or anybody who deals with tech, media, and education.
Thanks all for your love, suggestions, testimonials, likes, +1, tweets and shares ....