Construction industry—United States.
India—History—Autonomy and independence movements.
Piano music (Jazz)—France—History.
Following is an example of LCSH heading “Hotels” from Library of Congress Linked Data Service
Hotels, taverns, etc
Bed and breakfast accommodations
Park lodging facilities
Single-room occupancy hotels
Tourist camps, hostels, etc
Earlier Established Forms
Hotels, taverns, etc
In a MARC bibliographic record subject heading is given in a 6XX field, consisting of either a single element in an $a subfield or of an $a subfield followed by subdivisions in $v, $x, $y, and/or $z subfields, that designates what a work is or what it is about.
All librarians and information professionals may use information from Glossary of Library & Information Science for their writings and research, with proper attribution and citation. I would appreciate it if you would let me know, too! Please cite as given below:
- Librarianship Studies & Information Technology Blog (Category) - SUBJECT HEADING
- Librarianship Studies & Information Technology Blog Page - Subject Heading
- About Librarianship Studies & Information Technology Blog
- Follow Librarianship Studies & Information Technology
- RDA Blog - Cataloger's Reference Directory
Librarianship Studies & Information Technology Blog will be more focused on the techniques of Library of Congress Classification (LCC) and Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) by use of Classification & Shelflisting Manual (CSM) and Subject Headings Manual (SHM) and Classification Web tool of Library of Congress, and Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC). Follow Librarianship Studies & Information Technology in Social Media blog to be updated of new items and start/comment on the discussions in the Google+ Community Librarianship Studies & Information Technology and Facebook Group Librarianship Studies & Information Technology.
At present the Glossary of Library & Information Science is referred in following places:
LINKS & REFERENCE IN WEBSITES BLOGS ETC.
- BAsel Register of Thesauri, Ontologies & Classifications : A multilingual, interdisciplinary database for Knowledge Organization Systems [University of Basel, Switzerland]
- MERLOT - the Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning Online and Teaching [MERLOT is a program of the California State University System partnering with education institutions, professional societies, and industry]