- The instruction sheet was rearranged to emphasize research instead of the identification of patterns.
- The instructions on consulting reference sources (which now comprise sec. 1) were lightly revised to clarify terminology and to incorporate twenty-first century sources such as websites.
- Sec. 3, on using the 952 field to provide clarifying information, was corrected. The 952 field (Cataloger’s Permanent Note) should not be used for definitions of the term, evidence of usage, etc.; rather, the 670 field (Source Data Found) serves that purpose.
- The brief examples that formerly appeared as sec. 2.a have been deleted, and the new sec. 5 includes 17 examples of full authority records from various disciplines. Each example includes an explanatory note on the purpose of the citations provided in the record.
- Some of the sections were renumbered to follow a logical progression.
- The instructions citing websites were removed from the section on unpublished sources and now comprise sec. 6.
- The instructions on parenthetical information (now sec. 7) were revised to indicate that information from the source being cited, not just the source’s title and date, should be provided.
- Sec. 8 was revised to provide instructions on citing email correspondence.
- The examples were updated throughout.
Thanks all for your love, suggestions, testimonials, likes, +1, tweets and shares ....
See also related posts in following Librarianship Studies & Information Technology Blog Categories (Labels):